Thursday, August 9, 2012

After a year and a half, it's all done.

The trial was terribly cut and dry. The evidence was stacked against them. Really, the time it took was more for the substantial list of witnesses more than anything. As you can probably expect, I was one of them.

I don't want to go into too much detail on a public forum, so I'll tell you some of the same things the news has said:
- Vanessa and Nicholas both were sentenced to life for mass first degree murder.
- Several of the Five Petals received accessory and conspiracy sentences due to their general involvement. They got smaller penalties, though, because no one really intended for all of that to happen. The plans carried out were never supposed to be. They displayed reasonable remorse in front of the judge and jury. My parents and Aunt Dot all were sentenced, I'm devastated to say.
- Vanessa and Nicholas both tried to plead insanity, but it didn't work in their favor. While there is clearly something very wrong with both of them, none of it was insanity in the traditional sense of the term.

My life is, more or less, back to normal--at least as much as it can be at this point. I go to visit Mom and Dad and Aunt Dot every now and again. Mom and Dad are doing all right, but I don't think Aunt Dot will ever be the same. She doesn't talk much when I see her. I can't help but think she must be very upset with me for having her children put away, but I hope one day she can forgive me and see that I had to do what I did before she, and others, died.

This truly is the end of this log. Thanks for reading my story. I think everything will be okay now.